Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gaga CEO





This was a piece I did for Wired about celebrity endorsements evolving in this new age to become more than just a face hawking a product. Companies are reaching out to celebrities to become advisors, creative directors, etc. They wanted me to choose a celebrity and put them in a boardroom type space and have half of the celebrity be dressed as a businessman (or woman) and the other half as an eccentric musician. Naturally, I had to go with the Gaga. I had misunderstood the AD at first and drawn a businessman on the other side of Gaga, whereas they were thinking more of the musician embodying the same entity instead of the split screen version I created. I traced over my original sketch, tinkered with the likeness and came up with the second image which they accepted.

The article can be found online here:
http://www.wired.com/magazine/tag/lady-gaga/

No comments: