Friday, May 27, 2011

Weaver in Waiting

I did this piece for Wired awhile ago and am just now posting it. I had a ton of fun working on this piece, as Aliens - and the whole franchise, really - is one of my all time favorites. They wanted me to go for a Dutch painting kind of feel, so I went for a family portrait type of angle. As a digital illustrator, I tried to get as close as I could to a dutch painting. Not the easiest thing in the world, but I hope there's a nice reconciliation between that style and my own style. I don't know how well I succeeded but they seemed happy with the final result. This was for a Q&A with Sigourney Weaver about her involvement in Aliens and Avatar, as well as her thoughts on sci-fi and extraterrestrials in general. Very silly image for a very silly article. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Brynn Metheney said...

Kevin! This is awesome! Lovely job on the color and the outlines of that alien! :D