Friday, April 8, 2011


This is a personal piece I did for the Tigers. I've wanted to do a piece about one of my favorite television shows, ever, Lost, for quite some time now. It's a hard show to do justice to illustratively. I find the most compelling and interesting pieces I've seen about the show lack figures and characters, two things I enjoy drawing the most. So I wanted to create a piece utilizing the characters that was hopefully fun, interesting, and appropriate. I defaulted to the straight on, tight-in-likenesses, type of composition I tend to do a lot of. I wanted to play on the first season paranoia and intrigue that plagued the island and it's castaways. I've had this image in my mind a lot, of the survivors' heads poking up out of the jungle, their sideways glances throwing suspicion and curiosity around the composition. I can't say I absolutely love the way it came out, but I suppose it's good practice either way.

No comments: