Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Using Friends as Inspiration

I've got a nice little momentum going here, let's see if I can't try to upload weekly. Or...almost weekly at least. That would be nice wouldn't it?

So, when I said "fashion illustration" I meant something more along the lines of this. Something fun, stylish, fashiony, and fun. Instead of using models or model types in pretty settings, wearing pretty things, why not use my pretty friends to inspire me? My friend Sandy inspired this piece, and I found it hard to achieve a likeness after removing so much about her that makes her...her.

You take away the hair of someone and it automatically makes it harder to achieve an exact likeness. Take away familiar articles of clothing, give them different (and extreme) make up and they look different. If you know Sandy, hopefully this reads somewhat as her, but even if it doesn't, I am surprised at how quickly I was able to bang out this piece and still be happy with it, likeness achieved or not.

I guess inspiration is a swift mover.

(I don't know why, but it uploaded kind of rough :()