Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Character Design 101











So this ugly heap is full of character designs I had to do for my Illustration Tools classed dubbed, Survival.  We had 5 short fairy tales that we had to create character designs for.  It was a long and grueling process to get to finish, including multiple revisions and an all nighter to make sure I completed these on time.

The tan booger looking thing was from a tale about a dumpling who falls on the kitchen floor, contemplating his insignificance in life and his sure death.  The frog goes with the couple at the very bottom.  It's a story about a plumber, his princess, and an advice giving frog.  The girl and guy with their own respective pages is from a story about a couple sitting on a bench, dissatisfied with their looks, their lives, and their relationship.  The victorian looking homeless woman is from a story about a woman who will not leave the shoe she lives in, in my case, the boot on her foot.

Enjoy.

8 comments:

nancy drew said...

I really, really, LOVE these.
I love the victorian one best, i think. but it's close.
my drawings are epic failures. i have issues with lips.lolol.

Brynn said...

I think you nailed it! I had this assignment and you seriously captured it so perfectly. I LOVE your take on the monkey and the boy story....wow

meng said...

LOVEEEEEEE IT; now i hate you a little more :)

BillyPilgrim said...

I want to take these to the back of a middle school and get them pregnant.

crownoflaurel said...

The victorian one is my favorite, although the huge glasses on the blonde makes her a close second. But I love the graphic/flat quality of the victorian dress. And her face!

Beautiful stuff you!

Will K. said...

Okay. You won me over with the dumpling with boots. He worked that shit.

Jon Mendez said...

Love your work, mang... Absolutely, love it...

-JonJon

Megan.fashionista@gmail.com said...

WOW Kevin youre so amazing, these are beautifully rendered!! good luck in your senior year!!
-Megan Robertson