Friday, February 20, 2009

Caricatures Attack!!!

Here is a piece I did for Survival Illustration.  We had to do a caricature of one of the illustration teachers, and they were assigned at random.  I got a painting and drawing teacher named Mark Eanes who is infamous for his intensity, and his propensity for loving brown paper bags.  He requires 6 hours of out of class work, and, as I mentioned, tons and tons of bags.  I've never had him myself, but have heard that he produces great results from his students.

I tried to capture his look and intensity with his all-knowing-glasses-lowered stare.  I also exaggerated his love of the brown paper bags, choosing to sit him amongst a sea of brown paper bag renderings.

5 comments:

BillyPilgrim said...

What happened to my supermarket bag boy idea? PAPER OR PLASTIC?!

sweetnessgone said...

kevin!!! hello!! this is krysta :) i am insanely jealous of your skill! anyways, thought i'd say hello :)

Will K. said...

With his love for brown paper bags and your soon-to-be bedazzled bags, this is one big ball of bag-splosion.

Nice work Kev. Very impressive.He looks pretty intense. :)

Brynn Metheney said...

Yeah...thats him alright! This is awesome!

A-Game said...

I like this! It doesn't look like a caricature to me though...at least not the kind you get at prom or on boardwalks.