Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Swallowing Things Can Be Fun




This is my first Editorial Illustration assignment of the year.  The task was to create a plausible skeleton for an everyday object.  I chose an electric fan.  Putting the skeleton in a context was unnecessary, our teacher simply expected us to render a skeleton.  I decided to put a concept to my skeleton.  The original idea was to have an illustration of a doctor's hand holding an x-ray of the skeleton up to one of those light boxes.  Later I changed it to make it into an actual x-ray, and even printed it on transparency paper.

3 comments:

A-Game said...

ooo this is so cool! and kind of gross. did you do this on the computer or by hand?

Kevin Wada said...

i sketched the skeleton in pencil on tracing paper, scanned it in and reversed the colors so that everything that was black is now white and everything that is white is now black:) Thus making it look like a a film negative or x-ray. everything else is computer obviously. :)

and the characters below me are the New Mutants from the X-men series. Duh.

A-Game said...

i just re-read the title of this post. i think it's inappropriate.