Tuesday, May 6, 2008

the new Criterion Collection:)



Well this is my final for my Illustration class.  Zippo.  The last one of the year.  Obviously, the task was to recreate a dvd cover.  We could choose from Gosford Park, Spinal Tap, Chinatown, Logan's Run, The Usual Suspects, and Yojimbo.  It wasn't required to add in the text for the title, but I wanted to do my own version with the title to get the full effect, and because I was going for the very art deco, movie posters of the 30s and 40s aesthetic.  Hope you like.

I hope to be giving myself assignments throughout the summer.  So hopefully I'll keep that up.  Remind me to if you ever see me forget.  Ugh.

3 comments:

im an island said...

it looks amazing! (as always.) i'm sorry i never got a chance to see it in person, but still.
i hope you're having a good summer. take a million photos.

(ps: this is natalie. in case you can't tell from my mopey-whiney-sappy-bullshit.)

nancy drew said...

this is fabulous!

Clark said...

one of my favorite movies! yay! great job!